Saturday 26 March 2016

Location Research

Today I went into central London to get a better feel for the locations that we had chosen to use.

I first went to visit the Southbank skatepark:


I was worried that the lighting would be pretty poor for filming, since it's under a tunnel/bridge. However it seemed to look okay when filming on my phone, even though it was a really gloomy day. The bright graffiti stands out also, which will work well to emphasise the art side of skate culture.


There was also a large group of boys sitting around, seemingly aimlessly, which is useful for our film as we want to represent skaters in an observational style.

Next I went to the House of Vans. I asked them if it was okay to film there next week, and they said it would be fine to turn up on the day, as long as it doesn't get too busy. I also got their contact details to double check with them.




I think this would be a good place to film, as it represents culture aside from just performing tricks. For example when I was there, I spotted a group of teenagers dancing to rock music. In the House of Vans they also have film screenings, and art exhibitions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment