Thursday 17 March 2016

Assessment 1

Today we submitted our first assessment. It did not go as well as I had hoped, as unfortunately the editing was left until last minute. A few problems arose, for example it was difficult to find a computer room which had the latest software. We just about finished editing, an hour before the deadline. 



The video above shows what we submitted for our pilot. I think if we had more time we could have made it a lot better. As a director, I will push the editor in our group to start working on the video way before our next deadline.
We use fast paced shots in the beginning of the pilot and then slow motion shots in the second half. I think in our final version of the film, it would make more sense to have slower shots in the beginning then increase the pace. We also used lots of shots of skateboarders performing tricks, which was extremely repetitive. I think that we need to film way more cutaway shots of other related iconography. I'd like to include footage of skaters hanging out with each other, in order to represent skate culture more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment